Monday, December 21, 2020

Welcome!

Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Gracelynn LeGacy, I'm 42 and live in Del Sol Valley with my sons, Lewis and Hudson. I also have three older children (Halie, Hadlie, and Hannah) who are grown and on their own.

It won't be long before Lewis is on his own, too.. He's officially an adult in just three days and already has a cute apartment picked out. It seems like just yesterday when I married his father, Farhan, and adopted Lewis to legally be my son as well. What a wonderful addition to our family he has been! Although I didn't give birth to him myself, I love him just as much as I love my other children. He's such a kind young man that he was given the Kindess Ambassador award at his school! He also has a wonderful sense of humor. He's always looking for ways to help others and make them laugh. All that mixed with his strong sense of family, he's sure to do very well in life and I'm very proud of him.

Hudson is the entertainer of the family. His musical talent never ceases to amaze me and he's wonderfully imaginative and loves telling stories. At every family gathering, or even just when we have friends over, there will always be at least one person begging him to tell a story or play the piano for us. His big dream though is to have his own farm. With as well as he does with our little garden, I have no doubt that he'll do just that. I can't wait to witness his dreams come true, but on the same hand, I also don't want him to grow up too fast. His birthday is next week and he'll be done with high school and growing into the next phase of his life so I want to cherish every moment I have with him before he's fully grown.

My parents always said Hudson got his talents from me. I think that's giving me too much credit, but I do enjoy the musical arts very much. I also enjoy painting and I love visiting the local museum which often showcases our local artists and their talents. 

Meanwhile, I'm happy just being a stay at home mom for Lewis and Hudson for the little bit of time I have left to do that. I've been so nervous about becoming an empty-nester and so unsure as to what to do with myself when they're all grown and gone. Hudson, the sweet and thoughtful young man he is, keeps asking me move with him to the farm. I worry about getting his way if I do that, but he insists that it's as much for his benefit as it is for mine. I'm considering it, it would be fun to live on a farm and I could be useful there. Especially in the kitchen and when he has children, I could be right there with my grandchildren every day and help with them, too. At least I have some time to think on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Busy Times

It's been a while so I thought I'd share a quick update. Little Ina is doing well and running all over the house. She's beautifu...