Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Busy Times and Big Changes

I caved...Hudson and I moved to a farm in Brindleton Bay. I have to admit it is beautiful here. There's a lovely old barn that we're going to convert into a little place for me when Hudson gets married. It was our compromise. Although I love spending time with him and I love being here, I wouldn't dream on imposing myself in his life so I feel like this compromise was a good one.

Hudson and I met a nice, pretty young lady named Kayla Lewis who was with the neighborhood welcoming party. Those two hit it off right away so I encouraged him to invite her over for lunch the next day and they decided to be a couple! I don't know much about her yet, but I spent some time with her too and I really like her so far.

Yesterday was Harvestfest so we invited Kayla and all the kids and some of my siblings over for a big dinner. I was even able to meet two of my nieces and a nephew. It's a shame it's taken so long. We've all let life take us away. Time goes too fast. Speaking of time, next week is my birthday again already! It sure does fly.

Tonight, Hudson and I are going out on the town. Just the two of us. I love those special mother and son evenings. He said he wants to talk to me about something important. I have no idea what it could be, but it's nothing bad, because he's been all smiles and red cheeks all day. He's even been playing his guitar all day stopping only once and only long enough to have some leftover turkey from last night. It's so wonderful to see him so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Busy Times

It's been a while so I thought I'd share a quick update. Little Ina is doing well and running all over the house. She's beautifu...